
My Grandma Martha was known for her little cliches. Her frequent one was, "Many hands make light work!"
I don't think I'm made for for the corporate or retail world although I'd survive just fine and enjoy it fully. Staying home with my kids is the one thing I've wanted to do since I can even remember. School was never really an option in my eyes. This was my dream. Yes. My dream was snot noses, E.R. visits, terrible 2's and horrible 3's, and dirty diapers.My day consists of getting up in the morning with an 'mommy I want cereal!!!" Asking every 2 min while I frantically try and change the worst possible diaper you could ever imagine coming from a cute little 9 1/2 month old boy, who is also yelling and if he could talk he's be saying, "Mom I want food!" Cereal is the easiest but when we don't have milk I'm soo grateful my Kymber loves oatmeal. And seriously what 3 yr old does?? Breakfast is over and majority of the time cereal ends up on the floor. My poor floor. When we get a house I will make sure it has tile or laminate floors.
Then channel 33 ( Kymber knows how to turn it to this by the way) Disney channel where I've seen these episodes about a million times but keeps the kids happy while I get some food too.A rarity around my house for me to eat in peace.
The rest of the day consists of laundry, dishes, cleaning and fighting with the 3 yr old on how many outfits she changes into every 10 min. My Xander is crawling now and has become quite the "needy baby". So he likes to be held if not distracted. Makes my work about ten times harder. Thank heavens when daddy comes home then Xander will have nothing to do with me. Daddy's boy 100%. yes, he wont even look at me when he around as if he'd be betraying Alan in some way. I try to grab him but he will swat at me and scream bloody murder.
No I am not complaining, but this does make it hard for Alan to help around the house which is much needed because by now my nerves are shot and am on edge. Oh, did I mention I am also 5 months pregnant??
I do love my husband, and even though I have to pick up his clothes from the bathroom every day and such I adore the heck out of him and I'd never wanna get rid of him. I so often tease him that it's cheaper to keep her, but we're inseparable no matter what the circumstances. Alan works and has school every night so him helping around the house hardly happens and when it does, well, it's not the way I usually do it. And it's pretty much easier for me to do it. So yes, I stress myself out on cleaning the house only to do it the very next day or day after.
Tale as old as time, A mother's work is never done.
HOWEVER, the hugs, kisses, bedtime stories, "mommy I love you!" and smiles are the best reward after a long day. As frustrated as I get, when 8:30 rolls along ans we say our prayers and I get that hug and kiss and Kymber asks "Mommy, Jesus watch over me?" I know that I must be doing something right.







No comments:
Post a Comment