Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Baby update!


I have been suffering from the dumb sinus infection/cold/ whatever else is going around. I'm pretty sure I've had it all. And if you have kids and are a stay at home mom, this is sooo difficult not to mention frustrating to say the least. Trying to keep up with the house and making everyone else happy is hard when all you want to do is drink Robitussin and lay in bed and watch TV all day long. Hey! If your nose is stuffed up and can't even smell the garbage or dishes so what's the point??

I have been tempted to go to the doctor and see what's really wring with me but being pregnant you can't really take any meds anyway. I figure I'd be wasting my time and theirs. I did call however to ask a nurse what cold meds I can take.

Mean Nurse: "OK you can take Robitussin DM"

Me: "PM?!" (getting all excited that I may actually be able to get some sleep which hasn't been possible in oh like 3 days)

Mean Nurse: "NO. DM"

Me: "Can I take Tylenol PM to help me sleep" (Now I ask this because when I was pregnant with Xander my Nurse Practitioner said I can take it every night if I wanted to. And this was just for little aches and pains and insomnia)

Mean Nurse: "Um no. You can't. Sorry Robitussin. Robitussin DM is the only thing you can take"

End of convo. Mean nurse. Fine. I decided to follow orders and talk to my cute NP at my OB appointment and get her opinion.

WEDNESDAY FINALLY CAME! Now I can see my NP and ask all the questions I had asked my previous OB (not mentioning any names) but was told I should deal with it cause that's what I get for having a baby so close together. (not exact words mind you, but this is how it sounded)

Gained a few pounds and I now weigh 129.2 lbs. I am feeling it!

Heather saw me and gave me a hug. um major difference! Soo glad I went back to her. There's just something about a girl to talk about having kids. Men have no freaking idea what you feel. Yes, I was able to talk to her about all my questions and aches ans pains. She actually listened to me. Assured me I could take Tylenol PM! Hello sleep tonight. OH I'm so excited!

I laid back on the table so that she could get the heart beat ♥. I lifted my shirt to expose my growing belly and she immediately said "wow you're growing girl." Yes, I am!!! I started growing soo early this time around. 12 weeks to be exact. But I carry all in my stomach so I'm glad I don't get huge all over. She said I need a belly belt. Gotta look into that for sure!

After I sat up I told her how my due date kept changing and she asked what my first date was. I said July 31. She said well that what we'll go with. I just gained 5days again! Then she said "And we'll deliver you a week early too." This is because Xander was so big. I'm so excited to know that I have a plan once again and know pretty much when baby Zach will be here!

No comments: