Sunday, November 29, 2009

Turkey Daze!

SO GLAD IT IS OVER.......................
This year I was tempted to write yet another "I am thankful" post , but decided against it. Because I would basically just end up cut copy and pasting it.
Thankgiving this time around was more complicated. SO MANY PEOPLE TO GO TO!!!! It was supposed to be "Rosenbaums" year and get together with everyone but since our family has gotten far too big for anyone to handle everyone did their own thing. My grandparents still invited us over. They invited all the smaller families to make sure the tradition was still somewhat living. I said we'd stop by at least. I had talked to my mom already and committed to having Thanksgiving at her side of the family. Plans were made. And then the VERY NEXT DAY I got a text from Alan's sister asking me to bring jello for Thanksgiving dinner. I was beyond confused. Alan and I had this discussion the night before! Even cause slight tension and we had agreed to go to my mom's. I replied oh we're having dinner at my mom's. Come to find out Alan had COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN about our little convo and committed to her. In case you weren't counting That's is 3 Thanksgivings.

So the schedule was like this. Alan's Sisters: 1 pm Grandparents: 1-2 PM Mom's side:4 PM. We ate the big dinner at his sisters, ran over to the grandparents and just visited. We were beyond full cause his sister is an amazing cook. Then headed to the Water's to eat again.

This may sound awesome to some, but let me tell you, it was far from it! I got sick for 2 days strait and have finally started to settle down today. Needless to say we got together with my siblings tonight at my mom and step dad's house for yet another Thanksgiving dinner.
Alan is going back on his diet tomorrow and I vow I will not eat turkey for a long time.

My sister in law Estefany and Kymber

My very attractive husband who looks like he may kill me for taking his picture.
Kymber was not happy at me at all because I wouldn't let her eat Xander's little treats. Caught her trying to put one in her mouth.

No comments: