Saturday, December 19, 2009

A day that I will never forget

It seemed like yesterday, Friday, would be just like any other pregnancy day. Other than the fact that we had an ultrasound scheduled at UVRMC in Provo and a fun ward party later that evening. I was pretty stoked for that. Other than the fact that I had pretty much stayed on the couch for most of the day due to not feeling so great at all. Kind of comes with the territory so I cant complain much ha ha.
Well we went in there at 3 and they finally called us in. Well there is a baby! After 2 weeks of denial I finally saw the baby and knew the days of mornings sickness were not in vain!
I am 7 weeks 6 days along and am due July 31st. (So that means I will be beyond miserable during the summer. Big. Fat. And Pregnant.)

After of course we went home and told everyone the news.

Later that night a few hours later we were almost ready to leave for the Ward Christmas Party (about 5:45 pm) when I noticed I was bleeding, I went to the bathroom and passed a big blood clot. Now if you have ever been pregnant you know that this is NOT good. We gave the kids to my brother Jake and his wife Estefany and they would take them to the party. I was pretty bummed because I wanted to take them to see Santa Clause, but knew that this was important.

We arrived at Payson hospital and they immediately got me in my own little room instead of just a space with a curtain that covers my little area. A perk of being a patient of Gyno? Not to mention the nice LCD flat screen to which we watched bits of Madagascar while we waited.
Finally the doctor came in and told us that chances were that I had lost the baby were pretty good. I was prepared for this one. But it broke my heart because not even 3 hours before we had seen the baby and heard its heartbeat! Nothing can prepare you for it, event though we tried. The ultrasound tech finally came in a wheeled us into the room to get yet another ultrasound.
We would NEVER believe what we saw.

A little baby with a ♥heartbeat. Sigh of relief.

Now...what happened next is beyond me and I am still in shock.

He showed us another part where it looked like it was a completely different sack. Yes. He said I may have miscarried a twin! Holy cow...! He also showed us that the amniotic sack was tearing away from the uterine wall and may be causing the bleeding.
Someone please explain to me how UVRMC could have missed this one. Granted it was the fastest ultrsound I had ever gotten earlier. Will I go there again to get one? I think not. Seems like when the other guy had told us one he was prett confident.

So...I was put on slight bed rest. Told to take it easy. The doctor said that it is still possible I am having a miscarriage and that it is 50/50 I could lose this one. This is not going to be fun. For one, I have a 7 month old who is a mama boy and also a 3 year old who also loves playing with mommy. Did I mention I am a nursery leader?

It will be touch and go for a while but I'm sure Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us. We are so grateful that little ♥ beat is still there. This will forever be a day that I will never forget. The day we gained and lost a baby all within 3 hours of each other. I know the Heavenly Father had a special place for that one in heaven for that one. I'm beyond grateful that I was good enough that He trusted me to help it along the way for that time.

1 comment:

Jackson Family said...

that is so sad! I have had 5 miscarriages and its never easy! But I know that its meant to happen the way it does. My aunt actually had the same thing happen to her as you did and she now has a healthly little girl! She is so sweet and its makes you love your kids so much more! Good luck!