Monday, January 4, 2010

Thoughts thus far in 2009

I've had alot on my mind lately. Seems like so much is starting to go on in my life.

1. This week Alan starts the second block of Police Academy and I'm a little worried this time around. No, not for him. Yes, for me. I am worried I won't be able to handle being pregnant and having a young baby almost a toddler and a 3 year old. I'm so sick most mornings that I can barely get off the couch. Yet, I still seem to survive knowing Alan's will be home within a few short hours to relieve me. Starting Wednesday, that will be no more. For only 5 months, but that's most of this pregnancy.
The frustrating part is that is get no sympathy from mom's (certain moms I will not mention, not my own though) They say that they went through much worse and they survived. That it's nothing what I'm going through. This makes me beyond irritated. I try not to complain but would like a little help sometimes. Mom's have it rough I think and every situation is different. No one can compare each other.
Yes, I am surviving. Without help. But who said this was fun at all. Little do you know I have to say a little prayer or shed a little tear cause its too much to handle. Thanks heavens I have u husband that comes home every night that cares about me more than anyone ever has. That loves me so much. For that I cannot not complain.


2. My beautiful daughter Kymber. Lately I've been thinking about my past and how she came into the world. Maybe I watch a little too much TV on adoption stories and drama sitcoms and maybe it's because I'm pregnant. But I have been thinking about my sister who is not married ( however was married for the first kid and is now divorced) and is on her 2nd kid (different dads) and she is only 20 and it has brought up alot of feeling to me comparing both our situations.
I remember talking to her and explaining to her what I went through.
I was not married when I got pregnant with Kymber and I considered adoption when I found out. But I just couldn't seem to do it. Props goes out to those that do because I don't know how they do it. So we decided to keep her. Best thing I ever did. However I wasn't supposed to really tell anyone and I felt like I was one big secret and almost felt ashamed at some point because I was having her out of wed lock and not married let alone sealed like I had always planned on since I was a kid. I wanted to get married but knew that wasn't the answer to the problems we were having. Good things we didn't because it ended up not working out in the end. Which was for the best I'm sure.
I ended up getting married and sealed to Alan and that was the second best thing I ever did. He helped get through alot of the stuff I was going through and encouraged me to prepared to get sealed. 6 months later we finally were. What a blessing it was. Soon after we got married I got pregnant with our son Xander. It was such a different feeling and I was actually able to announce it from the roof tops instead of having to keep my lips sealed.
Now my point is that every single day I look at Xander and then at Kymber and it breaks my heart to know that Xander was born under the covenant and Kymber wasn't. And she prob wont ever be able to be sealed to us. I feel like I took that away from her. That, she did NOT deserve by any means.
I hate everything she is going through and the confusion she has from getting to now her real dad now and spending time with his family. They are good people and she is one tough and zocial little girl. I just think she's having a hard time and is starting over in testing our boundaries as parents. I imagine it's hard going back and forth even though I do love his family and respect them fully.
I guess I blame myself for it all but know that I must get over it in order to cope.

3. My friends. New and old. I am so grateful for the friends I've acquired this year. Reuniting with old ones and meeting new ones. I do believe that it has been one of the best things for me this past year. I finally let myself get out of the mommy zone and I have never been with such a sweet and caring group of girls. I do love like like sisters. Maybe it is because we are now older and out of high school and are married with kids that makes it seems like it means a whole lot more. Sure, there is drama but very little and for that I am gratefull. So this one goes out to those girls. Yes, all of you who have been there for me through this past year. I'm looking to a whole new year of new and exciting adventures.

5 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

I think that whoever is telling you that what you are going through is easy should definitely stop! That is so hard. It is really difficult being so sick all the time, even if they were sick or sicker, it doesn't lessen how you are feeling! I'm so sorry that is happening, you don't need that with everything else. You definitely have a lot going on right now, I hope instead of judging that whoever thinks they had it harder could support you and help you. Hope you get feeling better soon!!!

Courtney said...

I am sorry it is so hard to have little one's and being pregnant- It is just so much work!!! I have a 19 mon old and a 11 wk old- So I kinda know how you feel. My hubby is barely home and we barely see eachohter. I really hate it, so I understand how you feel about Alan starting again and you being home with the kids all day. But from the sounds of it your doing well, and don't beat yourself up so much (I know easier said than done). I truley believe there is a reason for everything, and God wouldn't give us anything we couldn't handle. There is a reason your about to have another little one and it will all work out. I hope I am not being annoying... I just have been going through a lot of the same stuff and these were things that made me feel better.

Courtney said...

Wow, it feels like we are on the same page... I have been going through a lot of this same stuff and it is hard, but definatley worth it. Just remember to not beat yourself up so much and do the best you can that is all that matters, and whoever is being rude try not to let it get to you- I agree with Amanda. (I know all much either said than done) Also remember everything happens for a reason and God wouldn't give us more than we could handle. We have been struggling with a lot of different things lately too, and these were the things that helped me to feel better, so I thought maybe it would comfort you too.

Anonymous said...

Wow I can't believe that someone would act that way to you. It was hard for me being pregnant with a 4year old because I was throwing up all the time. The day after Christmas I got the flu and I totally thought about you and how hard that would be to be pregnant and have a small baby. But I think you are doing great!! I have been through a lot of the same things you have and I totally can see what you are saying but I also think that you need to give yourself some credit. You are doing great!! You are by far a better mommy than most people I know. I am so glad that we are friends! It is SO nice to have friends who understand you and don't judge cause they made the same mistakes. Hang in there girl! Like I have told you before do not hesitate to call if you need anything!!

Sidney said...

I have kind of been where Kymber is! She will do great as long as she has a mom like you and a dad like Alan. She may not be sealed to you but someday she will grow up and get married and be sealed to her spouse. I cant imagine what you are going through and absolutly no one has been in your exact situation so they have no room to talk. I know im not a ton of help but I am always hear for you! Lots of love, Sidney