Monday, January 18, 2010

Little Family Updating

I just had to brag about Kymber for a min. The other day she drew me a picture. I expected a bunch of scribbles. But nope! I got this...

Did I mention she's only 3? Clearly there is a face and hair and even eye brows...


Now as talented as I think she may be she is still 3 yrs old. Yes that tantrums and the throwing toys and yelling at me phase (Does that ever end anyway?) Thus I have decided that it is now time to start a rewards/Chore chart for her. Kymber loves this ides. She loves to clean the bathroom for some reason and since ours is so small I decided t let that be one of her little jobs that she'll do. The others will be brushing her teeth, picking up her toys, and most importantly minding mommy and daddy. I think I'm being pretty reasonable about this. Gotta start somewhere. Now while I have not actually made that chart yet I do have one drawn out on scratch paper and went and got little stickers so she can mark when she's done a job. The reward part I am still debating about. Maybe I may pay her with money for every job that she does so that she still gets rewarded for the things that she does even if she misses a job or two one day.
She's sure growing up and acts more like a teenagers every day. With little comments like "mom there's nothing to wear!" or "I do NOT care!" or the famous when she gets in trouble "you are NOT my friend!" I can't help but laugh and shake my head.

As for our cute little Xander man. He still is not crawling like a normal little baby should. Instead he basically army crawls. But hey, Im not complaining because he can still get the job done. Plus it's pretty darn cute. He has his two bottom teeth now, which make me so grateful I stopped nursing him when I did. Don't put your fingers in his mouth, you may not come back out with them. Xander has taken quite the liking to Alan lately and pretty much prefers him to me. When Alan comes through the door Xander freaks out and starts crawling to him and screams bloody murder if he doesn't pay attention to him or leaves the room.
Xander can now wave hi (sort of) and says "dadadadadada" with no association to Alan but if you ask him Xander is saying dada. I wont burst his bubble.

Alan is going through academy again which mean I never see him. He's gone every single night until 9:30-10. I know that it'll be worth it in the end, but time cannot go any slower with it. Can't wait until he has his cop car so we can finally get my van Ive been wanting!

No comments: