On Monday morning I got a text from my brother to come up and help them. I text them and he asked if I could help time contractions. Um you dont have to ask me twice! Sure enough it didn't take me a few contractions to advise them to go to the hospital. Not going to lie, I was a little disappointed that the baby chose this day to come. The first day Alan has school and Monday s at work for him are always a drag. Jake and Stef headed to the hospital while I tried to figure out what the heck to do with my kids. A while later i got a text from Jake saying she went from up 2 cent in 2 hours. By that time I'm panicking because I was going to be in the waiting him waiting for the baby. So what to do with those babies???....Mother in law was at work so I got the help of my dear friend to watch my kids for a few hours. Bless her 7 month pregnant heart. (My MIL was to pick them up on her way home)
Thinking we had limited time I headed to the hospital as fast as I could. Stef's parents and sister were supposed to be in town but because baby decided to come a week early no one was prepared. They were also on their way here from California. When the time came and Stef's mom wasn't there she asked if I could be in the delivery room with them. Um of course! Baby Joesph ended up not making his debut until almost 8 that evening. I prob wouldn't have bailed to the hospital so early but hindsight is 20/20. And babies pretty much have their own schedule.
By the time he got here poor stef was exhausted. Pushing for an hour and a half. Lots of waiting. Lots of blood pressure scares. In the end it was an emotional amazing experience. We all shed tears. Tears of joys and will forever remember this.
Joseph Alejandro Rosenbaum 7 lb. 2 oz. 19 in. 7:47 p.m.
Being there makes me so grateful for all of our blessings. It also made me quite baby hungry. Having them live upstairs has helped me suppress those feelings by being able to hold him whenever I feel the need to have baby Joesph time.







No comments:
Post a Comment