Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mini face lift and fall cleaning

Just call me Superwoman. Wannabe Superwoman. 


I tend to believe I'm Obsessive Compulsive. Alan jokingly, I hope, keeps telling me that I'm just controlling. Well, yes, I'm that too. I proudly admit it. Alan is the laid back one which makes us even out for that most part. I guess that's how it supposed to work.
For those who have never stepped foot in our place-I envy you. I hate it. It's old. The obsessive me decided to do something about it. I'm tired of apologizing for the state of our humble abode. It's dark and gloomy. Yes, a mini face lift. Call me crazy because it's a rental, but our landlords are awesome and charge us next to nothing for it. Not that it's worth any more that what we pay. We decided we'll prob be here for a while, maybe a few more years, while we save for a house or a job comes up.
Yes, I've decided to paint. Call me crazy. I have 3 kids under 4 so what in the world am I thinking. Alan hates painting. I will be attempting this alone. Hence Superwoman. I already have the entry way done and some of the hallway and the kitchen done. I'm committed. Now it's only white of course "Rental friendly colors" I don't mind. Maybe it'll brighten up the place and not look so...basementy?
With  luck I'll convince my mom to come over for conference weekend so my little brother can watch the kids while my mom and I tackle the house.Poor Alan will be at Guard for drill weekend (did ya catch the hint of sarcasm?? Again. He hates painting.) Nothing like painting, listening to conference and feeling the spirit, and spending time with family.

No comments: