Saturday, September 18, 2010

Another ear Infection...

Ever since Xander was born we've been in and out of the doctor's office with ear infections. Needless to say doesn't take them as well as Kymber did...

The other day I woke Xander up for the morning (thought it was odd it was 9 am and he was still out) grabbed him and could have sworn I had burned my hands he was so hot. After worrying about him and finally giving him medicine I called and made him a doctor's appointment. Luckily the same day. That doesn't happen. I was periodically checking his temperature, which was never below 100 and even got up to 103. When I finally took him to his appointment they first weighed him. 25 lbs. He's soo heavy I thought he'd weigh more.  Next was getting temp checked. A whopping 103.6! The doctor checked his ears out and what do ya know...another ear infection. Now, it had been the 4th or 5 th time this year in the doctors office and 2 times in the instacare for his poor ears. Antibiotics-you are NOT my friend! 10 days of gross diaper changing!
Now I'm tired of putting him on meds every month or so. Doctor what can I do?! Yup. It's time to start thinking about getting tubes in his ears and will have a specialist call me and set up an appointment. They called. It's on Monday. My poor boy. Doctor said it's genetic. Come to find out Alan's ears are scarred because of infection. So are his dad's. Zac had an ear infection at 2 weeks old! His time will come I'm sure of it.
Now, of course I had to come home and research it.

Interesting to say the least. I hope I, and Xander, will survive. Prayers are needed.

1 comment:

Niki Burt Michael said...

poor little boy!! I had tons when i was little and got tubes. my ear drum bursted once but after my tubes it was so so much better!! he will be ok-its hard on the mommy though! btw- he must be heavy if he weighs as much as you lol;)