Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Kids update

2 kids was easy. They played together and Alan and I could double team it. 3 is a different story. Especially when I'm home by myself while Alan is at work. I've got a baby that is nursing constantly, a 15 month old who is now walking and well he's your typical toddler, and an almost 4 year old. I must say, I do not love the age. And I though 3 yrs was hard....



Zach (Zachariah)- He'll be 3 weeks old this Friday. Can't believe how fast the time goes when you're not pregnant! The poor baby has had a cold for the past week. I'm finding myself quite frustrated because aren't breastfed babied supposed to be healthy for the most part? And this is my first that I vowed to strictly breastfeed. Guess it doesn't protect the baby from everything and anything. Had his two week well child check up yesterday and the doctor said he's looking great. He's now 10 lb. 10 oz. ( which is a lot considering he lost weight in the hospital) and 22 inches long.Everything went well until the doctor looked into his ear. The right one. It's pink Oh yay! I know the drill. The cold has moved to the baby's ear and is pink. So anti biotics for the next ten days for the little one. Other than that he is such a sweetheart. He likes to sleep right next to mommy at night, and of course I let him ♥...for now.



Xander-Now 15 months old and is a hand full! He doesn't destroy everything but he sure is a curious little man. His daddy is his life and nothing could ever replace his daddy. When we first brought Zach home Xander would just hot him and scream at him. Out of anger? Im not sure, but we think so. Now he loves to kiss him and immitates all the noises he makes. If the baby is crying in mommy and daddy's room Xander will plop down and just sit outside the door listening to him and even try to go into the room out of concern. It's pretty endearing. Xander jibber jabbers abut everything now and it's just a matter of time before he starts having conversations.
Bebe- Barney, baby, bottle
Dadda- His daddy of course
He can sign for more
Claps his hands when you say yay
immitates noises especially laughing
Blows kisses
(More to come when I think of more)



Kymber- Oh she's at that age where she's hard to handle at times. She is such a head strong person and knows what she wants out of life. And she'll go get it no matter the consequences. She loves to argue when she doesn't get her way and likes to challenge you to see how far youll let her take you. She doesn't get far around our house. Rules are rules and time out has been the one thing we have that makes her listen ( for the time being anyway) She does love her mommy though. I cannot do any errands without taking her with me or else she cries (even screams bloody murder for me) We love going on mommy daughter dates and getting a treat at the store.  I've started home preschool until she gets into real preschool in the spring. Shes a pretty smart cookie! Kymbers a good helper when she wants to be. Her favorite chore is cleaning the bathroom. odd? But I love it!

1 comment:

Liz said...

ha ha... this post was very entertaining to me! :) First of all, congrats on the new baby! :) I wondered why you weren't at the parade! I should have known! {wink!} Anyway, I wish I had some advice for ya... but since I only have 2 kids, I have nuthin. All I can say, is hang in there and say lots of prayers! :) It's bound to get better sooner than later right? Take care sweetie!