Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Night out on the Town

Alan and I have wanted to go up and see the Joseph Smith movie for quite some time. The last time we saw it was when we were engaged. So yesterday we got Alan's mom to take Kymber for the rest of the day and overnight, so we wouldn't have to worry about being back at a certain time.

We got to Salt Lake and took pictures and saw the Joseph Smith movie. It's funny to me that Alan's NEVER cries. No not even at our wedding or anything. But the few times I've seen him cry was at this movie. It's cute and touching (him being so touched). The movie is amazing and it really makes you rethink your life and how you are living the gospel. Joseph Smith gave his life up for something he believed in. Imagine how much faith a person has to have. No wonder Emma Smith went off the deep end after Joesph was martyred. I would too. I'm sure the Lord had mercy on her.

(yes I took all these)

It was so nice to be able to go and have that time with Alan. We NEVER get out and a couple. Right from the beginning we've had Kymber and never really got to have that time together. (Unselfish act on Alan's part coming in when Kymber was a year old and marrying me no matter what.)


After wards we went to Olive Garden in Sandy. To end the night perfectly. We were both craving it. Alan got the Tour of Italy and I got the Stuffed Chicken Marsala. Sadly enough I was very disappointed at it. That's what I get for going outside my little box and soup and salad are yummy.

It was a nice evening without a little two year old and I definitely am going to make more time for me and Alan as a couple.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dates are so important! I think people forget how fun they are! I'm glad you had that time together! And it's definitely interesting to see people's emotions, especially our husbands! Cody's the same way.

About the green.. I respect your opinion .. but yay for St. Paddy's Day!:)

Janna said...

Those pics are very good. I'm glad you got to go out. I miss dates like that.