Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Baby Update 24 weeks

Imagine feeling so weak and tired all the time. Yep, that was me. There have been several times where I have almost passed out had it not been me praying that I'd be okay and have the strength to survive me till I got home. Sounds dramatic I know. But I did feel this way and that's what I'd do every time.
I could not quite figure it out. I was eating all the time so I knew it wasn't my lack of eating. I finally, with the push of my wonderful husband and family, called my OBGYN to figure out what the heck was wrong with me. I had a few options.
1. I was NOT eating the right amount of food I should be eating. WRONG. I was eating my snacks and meals as often as I could. Crossed that off.

2. She suggested I try drinking my fluids to see if it helps. I made a mental note to drink more water even if It made me run to the loo every 10 min.

3. My iron. This I was expecting because I had looked into it and was prepared. So I was told to come in soon to get my blood checked to check on my iron levels and see if I was low.

I finally went in last Wednesday after 2 whole days of plain just not having energy. As it turns out. Yes, IM STARTING TO BE ANEMIC! Hallelujah!!!! I'm crazy for being glad, I know. But I was so grateful I found out what was wrong with me and was glad there was the iron pill I could take to make me feel better again. I have to now get my blood checked every time I go into the doctor. So worth it I tell you! I'm still waiting for it to really start kicking in, but my body is starting to be nice to me and I'm starting to feel myself again.

Now the fun stuff.....
Alan felt little baby Xander for the first time yesterday (Monday) He was pretty excited and so was I. It's times like these that make the little glitches in pregnancy worth it. He's getting to be so active now. I have a bruise on one spot on my stomache where he loves to kick. Hurts to the touch. Tough guy!
Today, Tuesday I had regular OB appointment. Ive gained 16 pound in 8 weeks!! Nice. I still only weigh 141 lbs. Not too bad. oh and blood pressure perfect. Always had been.
She measured and I'm still measuring a week ahead of what I'm supposed to. So Ill be 24 weeks tomorrow but I'm measuring 25 weeks. I am excited because that means Ill be able to have this little guy a week or two early with no complications or worries. I did have Braxton Hicks contractions last night and was told to not push myself. Doctor Heather's orders: Chill out and take it easy. So my poor house will now be a wreck because I'm under strict orders not to over due myself. Which I can easily do being the OCD mom that I am. Another update in a few weeks!!

3 comments:

kemery755 said...

Yay!! I'm so glad that Alan got to feel Xander finally move! Woohoo! Sorry I didn't respond yesterday, Brad was home sick and he was using the comp to look for jobs but didn't sign me out. Then I went to see Jae in the hospital.
Whew! I'm so glad that it was just your iron levels. I was anemic with Autumn, and taking those supplements made me feel LOADS better. So you have 2 more 4-weekers, right? You better update in less than a few weeks!! I love reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm glad you're ok and that everything is ok with the baby. Take it easy! That's got to be hard with how hard you work normally. Good luck with that and keep us updated!:)

Cordell and McCall said...

Hooray for blogs!!! Now we can stay in touch that much easier!!! I am sorry you are so tired! Pregnancy is so much fun isn't it lol!! How are you guys?