Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter 2012

Listening to my kids screaming. Tempted to lock them out on the porch just so I can sit and drink my coke (shhhh don't tell mister) and blog. But I'm afraid I may get in trouble for that one. ( read last post if you're confused on why)

Easter. Not one of my favorite holidays. In Utah the weather is soo unpredictable. Can't tell you how many Easter egg hunts we've had in a few inches of snow. Never been a fan of coloring Easter eggs either. A tradition I'm tempted to veto at the Abode cause I despise it THAT much. Plastic eggs are a good replacement. Besides would you rather have a plastic egg that's easy to open and is filled with goodies rather than a dumb hard boiled egg? (I do love a good hard boiled egg ironically...just dont like the work it takes.)

Found out that my sister in law's step son's homecoming was on Easter. So we decided to celebrate in a day early. Fun on Saturday then the spiritual part of Easter on Sunday. A tradition that I  think may just stay. 
Saturday morning kids woke up to a bucket full of candy and a few other items. Kymber says "Christmas is better than Easter..." Well ya. Duh. But then I had to explain to her that  in a spiritual sense Christmas ans Easter go hand in hand. For a 5 1/2 year old Im pretty sure she understood for the most part.

Here's our little Easter egg hunt at the Palmer's...in the snow. 


he finally figure out what it all meant. delighted little boy.

all he thought the eggs were were little balls. found out it had candy in it. became obsessed. SUGAR HIGH! 





The mister ended up throwing his back out the evening before, so me and sis went with grandma and grandpa up to Aunt Glory's house without him and the boys. 

Oh they were sooo cute for Easter....!!!



To read about LDS easter 
in the words of Ezra Taft Benson:  


No comments: