Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Good-bye 2012...hello 2013

2013. Holy crap! I survived the 2012 apocalypse. The world did not end. My kids will learn about this in school one day be in awe that i not only survived 2012, I also was around during Y2K. Oh not to mention being born in 1986...I can hear it now...

2013 Oh you came way too fast. First resolution. Writing in our family blog once a week. (i think I've set this goal numerous times...) Here's to trying again. I'm completely rusty at writing now and with 4 kids its almost impossible to write in one sitting, Mommy the slave to their every need. *insert 1/2 sarcasm here* no but really....i do love them...

I'm quite embarrassed how outdated this blog is. So bear with me. It'll take time.Like I said, I'm rusty.

2012 in review:

 January we were quite busy packing and getting ready to move into our condo we bought. Getting out of the old basement apartment we wer in with 3 kids was a must. That along with getting away from what we were used to and setting a name for ourselves. Finally got the word and was able to move in the weekend before Valentines.

Our condo wasnt exactly what we had in mind when we thought of paying a mortgage. I wanted a house. With a yard. But when we looked at it, I fell in love with our oversized closet and the price was right. It all seemed to fall into place. So this is our home. An investment at the right price while the kids are still young.
At the end of that month, prob 2 weeks into this place we found out #4 was on its way. Perfect timing.

This year  Last year.. ugh weird...Alan took a CNA course through UVU to explore another carreer venture. Whether or not he'll continue in that path is still unknown. In the meantime, we keep praying to know an answer to our questions.

The kids are growing up. Zac is one heck of a kid and pretty much drives me insane most days. He's a fireball. Xander is a good kid. Sensitive. But overall such a little smart guy. Kymber started Kindergarten. HOLY COW! I have a kindergartener and now she's 6.

About yours truely. Pregnancy this time around kicked my butt. One problem after another. Always fearful of losing this one after having such a difficult time getting pregnant after my last miscarriage. Seems like this one had taken its toll.I was never sick so I was hopeful for a little girl, but expected a boy. We were getting a boy in the end. At first I was sad, but now I couodnt be hapier.

For mjost of this pregnancy i was put on slight bed rest, leaving my house to a dissarray and me having to have the relief society pitch in on order to survive. Bed rest is the pits. Trust me. At the end my midwife counceled me and said I either need to wait a fews years for more kids or to call itquits. My bosy was worn out and it had had enough. Decision made. It was our last and final baby.

Lincoln Alan Albright was born November 27. (hoping for the 26th because that is my late Grandmas brithday) At a suprising 7 lb. 9 oz. Our runt of the boys. We are soo in love with him. He's such a good baby and really couldn't ask for a cuter one. Biased mommy. Pictures to be posted.

This year life sure had changed quite a bit. Being away from everything we have ever known and really making a name for ourselves in our own little corner of the county. Really this post didnt even dent on everything that had happened in 2012, We have all changed. Grown. And I cannot wait for this year. 2013. No doubt there will be hardships and who knows what it has in store for us, but we are more than ready for the next chapter in our lives.

No comments: